Wildly International™ Mulato Chile Peppers are dark brown in colour, slightly sweet, offer a light-medium heat with hints of licorice, smokey chocolate and coffee. They are ideal for Mexican mole recipes as they offer a rich, dark colour base and are also great in Mexican stews, chicken and rice recipes and more!
Health benefits in every handful of Wildly International™ Mulato Chile Peppers:
- Concentrated levels of beta-carotene and Vitamin A give our immune systems a boost
- Contain antioxidants, Vitamin B6 and folic acid
- Aids in weight loss
- Assists in preventing certain cancers
Wildly International Tips:
- Use a spice grinder to grind dried mulato chile peppers that can be used in chili, enchilada sauce, spice rubs and more!
- To reconstitute mulato chile peppers, simply soak in hot water for 10- 30 minutes. Remove the stems and seeds prior to using in your recipe
- Try stuffed (after reconstituted) with your favourite stuffing and pan fried in oil for a delicious appetizer
- To prevent skin irritation that may occur when handling peppers for those with sensitivities, be sure to wash your hands when finished or simply use non-latex kitchen gloves