Wildly International™ Guajilo Chile Peppers are leathery, dark reddish brown chiles and are ideal for dishes where one doesn’t want to overpower other flavors. They offer a slight sweet flavouring, with a heat that most can enjoy.
Health benefits in every handful of Wildly International™ Guajilo Chile Peppers:
- Concentrated levels of beta-carotene and Vitamin A give our immune systems a boost
- Contain antioxidants, Vitamin B6 and folic acid
- Aids in weight loss
- Assists in preventing certain cancers
Wildly International Tips:
- Use a spice grinder to grind dried ancho chile peppers that can be used in chili, enchilada sauce, spice rubs and more!
- To reconstitute guajilo chile peppers, simply soak in hot water for 30 minutes. Remove the stems and seeds prior to using in your recipe
- Combine with ancho and pasilla chiles to make Mexican moles (sauces)
- To prevent skin irritation that may occur when handling peppers for those with sensitivities, be sure to wash your hands when finished or simply use non-latex kitchen gloves